These are great rugged little cameras reaching 1480 fps at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
About the Cameras:
The cameras use the same body and operation as the C210J and C210, but we incorporated a 2Mpx 1920 x 1080 sensor – this gives us the HD resolution that the Automotive test market is asking for, but also provides capabilities for other markets. Added bonus – these cameras are about 2 stops more sensitive than the C210’s – their light sensitivity is noticeable! There are also a few things about the cameras you should be aware of:
- To see the entire image, a 4/3” lens is required. If your customer does not need the full image, other C-mount lenses will do
- These cameras do not have EDR. However, every other Phantom Feature is available
- These cameras have only 3 horizontal resolutions: 1920, 1280, 640
- We changed the finish to black anodized, so the cameras are matte. We plan to roll this out over time to all other C-Series cameras (C210’s, C110)
- We will continue to sell the C210’s – it’s sensor and small pixels has many good qualities
The Launch Components:
We will start with one Product Web Page on www.Phantomhighspeed.com for both the C320J and the C320. There you will find:
- Product web page with and overview, specifications, suggested accessories, Frequently Asked Questions, High resolution photos, and hopefully a Video.
- Data sheet – we have 1 data sheet covering both cameras (attached)
- Mechanical drawing
- Spectral response Curve
- Manual: We currently have only the C210 Manual, which is still useful for everything except the sensor specs. We will update it as soon as we can.
We issue a press release both through our parent company Ametek and through our own channels.
Social Media & Marketing to Vision Research contacts:
We will also post on our social networks. Please follow Vision Research on Linked in and Facebook to see these and re-share. This will also go in the next newsletter.
As many of you know, we have pre-marketed this camera fairly heavily. It’s been to Auto Test Stuttgart and a major Automotive forum in China, (It’s already survived a crash test!!), we advertised in Auto Test magazine and we have introduced it to you in meetings and emails. Please keep in mind that our Engineering team has been working hard through this period as we go forth in parallel, and specs may change – Always check the webpage for the latest specs and info!
Tools for you:
- Demo cameras: We have 3 x C320J demo cameras, and 2 x C320 color and 1 x C320 mono cameras. Contact Araceli & Senell if you would like a demo camera.
- Data sheet: Attached. We will provide the unsecured version by the 15th.
The file with the List prices and pricing for distributor demo purchases is attached, and we will issue an updated full price list soon. However, we tried to keep it easy:
C320J, C210J, N5 + JB-Base = same price
C320, C210, N5 + B-Base = same price
We are taking orders now! Deliveries are starting in July!
We are updating the webpages and data sheets to all of the other automotive products. Keep an eye out for updates.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information. (I will be off next week, but of course I will check emails)